When & Where: 4th May 2022, 7pm for 7:30 Start
New Milton Memorial Centre
Come and hear what we’re doing and have your say on what we plan to do!
The trustees of New Milton War Memorial Hall Trust (which operates New Milton Memorial Centre) wish to call an Extraordinary General Meeting. All are welcome and all inhabitants of New Milton are entitled to vote.
- The Trustees (and others) will present:
- The vision of New Milton Memorial Centre and the Cultural & Community Hub described in the Neighbourhood Plan.
- Plans and progress to have a valuable and well used facility throughout this process
- The benefits and reasons for changing from our current status (an unincorporated charitable trust) to a Charitable Incorporated Organisation.
- The proposed constitution and functioning of the new charity
- There will be ample time for questions:
- Public questions from the floor
- Informal questions, during which the bar will be open
- We will then resume for any further questions and discussion
- We will then vote on the motion.
‘That a new charity to be called “The New Milton Memorial Centre incorporating the War Memorial Hall” will be formed and the permanent endowment land and property in the Charity no. 270889 New Milton War Memorial Hall will be vested in the new charity. The new Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) will have equivalent aims and objectives. All assets, contracts and liabilities will be transferred to the new charity. The existing charity will then be closed.’
The preferred date for this is 1st October 2022
This motion can only be passed if confirmed by three quarters of those present and voting, plus we will then need the consent of the Charity Commission.